I don't remember if I whined about Cullen and how cranky he's been lately, but we had the pinnacle of that erupt on Saturday morning, and I think he's going to be okay now. His energy feels better and more open to me. I completely understand being stressed out about being out of a routine and starting a new job, but it sure would help if he'd acknowledge that instead of being a huge turd about everything I say and do. You know?
Yesterday we hit the apple orchard. Unfortunately, Minnesota Harvest now SUCKS ASS. It's pretty bad. New owners as of last November and there is literally nothing there but apples now, and you get to walk to find them. NOT that it was The Best Ever before- their horses were horribly dirty as was the pens they were kept in, but there was pony rides and a petting zoo and a park next to the willow tree I hug. Now one willow tree has had a hair cut and the rest are all overgrown to hell. Everything is. So we left that one and hit Emma Krumbee's- the problem here is that it costs $5 a person to get in, which for us means $30+ --- which we did, but then I didn't feel like dumping more money into apples when I can go to the store and get them cheaper. You know? But it was GORGEOUS outside, we were with AR and family, and the kids had a blast, so it goes down in the book as The Best Day EVER. And it only got better! Mom called and invited us over for dinner- steak and potatoes. YUM!!!! AND THEN we went shopping and I used gift cards- I scored a bunch of awesome stuff and spent a whole $3.22. For real. And I'm totally in the mood for fall.
Which got me thinking about our homeless friends. I'm sure others have thought of it, but I'm going to sign us up to make lunch one day, and we're going to make a bunch of chili and apple crisp. How much fun will that be?! Won't that ROCK? I gotta find out if they let kids come. For some reason I don't think they do, since when we did breakfast there they couldn't come. But we'll see. I'm totally excited. I can absolutely get through the last week at work, and then I can have 2 weeks to get ready for some daycare. Have I told you that I AM going ot be the All Time Best at it? It is totally going to feed my homeschooling urge.
Know what I HATE? Dumping a container of hazelnut creamer into my coffee only to find out it's old. Dump the whole cup. Then repeat. And get old creamer again. BITE ME. Back to my other creamer.
Carry on! I'm on a ROLL today. I LOVE IT. My carpets are super clean and now I'm going to go visit Simpson Housing Shelter's website. YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment